8 Reasons Not to Feel Guilty About Not Checking Your Email While on Vacation
1) You detoxify your system from all the anxiety of the daily grind. A vacation from work we are told is necessary to help us maintain a high productivity level. Many of us sometimes carry our work with us on our vacations. We check the email every day. In addition, many of us spend the time on social websites and so instead of feeling relaxed when we get back we immediately lose all the feel-good feeling we had on vacation. It’s like it never happened. We are uptight from the first day back at work.
2) You get much-needed exposure to sunlight, fresh air, outdoor exercises, and our natural coded way of existence that the body critically needs if it is going to be able to handle the long hours of unnatural existence you expose it to at work cooped up in closed window office buildings in front of a computer.
3) It enables you really listen to your family and get your humanity back. Working with a machine for long hours gets us conditioned to a no-human contact environment which If we do not unwind from at intervals could make human relationships very difficult to handle as we are not in control all the time unlike a total control situation when working with the computer. Downtime allows us to get back in touch with our humanity
4) Detoxification of the body from artificial electromagnetic fields that have accumulated over time before we are able to go on vacation. It may take up to 4 weeks or more into the vacation before the fog created by these toxic fields clear
5) You avoid learning about the bad news and the anxiety and stress that come with that.
6) You unwind from the stress of deadlines and the accompanying unhealthy long hours of computer use without a break. This will enable your immune system to get a much-needed break from overwork so it can rebuild itself. Our stressful work environment overstretches our immune system’s ability to cope and is partly responsible for many of the health issues we face as employers and employees.
7) It makes your work team stronger and helps them realize the many things they can handle but did not know they could because you did it all. It is a good training tool for those who work with you. It lets them know you can trust them, which in turn empowers them.
8) You are not indispensable. The world will not crash if you are out of touch for a few weeks. It might actually grow stronger without your micromanaging it. You will not be at the same job forever. Taking a break allows you to clear your head and begin to think of when you may need to move on so you can plan for it and it does not hit you by surprise.
For more information on computer-related health issues please take a site our and avail yourself of all the information, tools, and resources available on this website.
If you like what you have read, please subscribe by writing your name below and clicking on the Subscribe button below to receive more content if you are not yet a subscriber. You can also use the form on your right panel by scrolling up to it. If you want to know more about how computer use affects human health and behavior and why this is so or If you would like to find solutions to this and other health issues, become a member by going to JOIN US and joining us at whatever level fits your needs. Gold membership is only $10 and comes with a free 1-month membership. You may also wish to watch the various seminars in our Webinar Series
You can get my books available in SHOP or at amazon.com in print or Kindle version. You can access Kindle from this website by clicking on KINDLE. Be sure to watch out for part II and read it. Thank you for reading and for Subscribing, Becoming a Member, and or Donating (click HERE to Donate) Help us make the world a better place by sharing this blog with all you know and also on social media by using the various share buttons provided above and below